“Winning is special because we celebrate the individuality of a creative person, as well as the upliftment of the next generation of creative leaders,” adds Swanepool.
The online registration system is open, with the discounted early deadline of Thursday 30 June, the regular deadline of Thursday 14 July and the final deadline of Thursday 28 July. Winners will be announced in the fall.
Eligible entrants may submit a combination of professional and personal work in:
- graphic design
- art direction and copywriting
- architectural, environmental and interior design
- industrial and product design
- digital (UX/UI, experiential design, interactive, web design, app and game development)
- film and animation (motion design, television and video)
- typography and lettering
- illustrations, and
The competitions regularly attract entries from more than 45 countries, with more than half coming from outside the United States. The winners will be selected by a jury made up of former Young guns winners and other creative leaders, to be announced shortly.
Past Young guns to understand:
- graphic designers James Victore (YG1), Stefan Sagmeister (YG1), Natasha Jen (YG3) and Jessica Walsh (YG8)
- advertising creatives Rei Inamoto (YG4) and Menno Klein (YG6)
- illustrators Christoph Niemann (YG2) and Deanne Cheuk (YG4)
- fashion designer Kerby Jean-Raymond (YG14)
- director Joseph Kosinski (YG4)
- Calmatic artist/filmmaker (YG16)
- director / photographer India Sleem (YG17)
- photographer Ryan McGuinness (YG2)
- typesetters Alex Trochut (YG6) and Gemma O’Brien (YG13)
- film and video director Mike Mills, and
- animation artist Todd St. John (YG1).
All Young guns winners receive a version of the iconic Young Guns Cubedesigned exclusively for the incoming class of 2022, and have their permanent profile page added to the Young guns website.
Winners also receive:
- a free one-year membership to One Club for Creativity
- permanent member of the Young guns network
- a chance to be featured in Young guns events, and
- an assortment of career opportunities Young guns sponsors.
For more information, visit www.enter.youngguns.org. You can also follow Young guns on Facebook, Twitter or on Instagram.
The only club Young guns 20 The unique club of creativity young creatives young creative award marketing marketing price marketing award 2022 portfolio-based rewards