MENDHAM, NJ – Mendham Township is hoping for big changes in the coming months. The Township of Mendham Ad Hoc Marketing Communications Committee is holding a competition for Mendham residents to redesign the township logo.
A $100 savings voucher donated anonymously by a resident will be awarded to the winner of the logo contest.
“We are looking for help to create a township logo that will be used for a variety of purposes, including on the website, correspondence, social media platforms, signs and elsewhere. Help us create a new logo that reflects what we love about our township and its unique features! You can take inspiration from the current one or submit a design that modernizes it,” said the Ad Hoc Marketing Communications Committee.
The best submissions will be chosen by a panel of design-savvy community members and presented to the township committee for a final decision.
Entries will be evaluated based on a variety of criteria, including creativity, uniqueness, and overall relevance to reflect the character of the community.
Here are the rules for entering this contest:
- The logo must include the words: “Mendham Township – Since 1749”
- The logo may include the words: “New Jersey”
- The logo may include a proposed slogan.
- Only residents of the Township of Mendham can enter the contest.
- Participants cannot submit more than three drawings.
- Designs should work in a variety of formats, including as a seal, and for publications, signs, and on the township website, and in various sizes.
- Designs can include up to five colors or less, and the design must also be submitted in a black and white version.
- If the logo incorporates stock footage, clip art, or third-party artwork/images, information should be included on how the township might acquire/pay for the rights to use the material.
- Entries should be submitted as a digital file in .png, .jpeg or .pdf format. (The winner will be contacted to receive the final vector design files.)
Following submission, the Township of Mendham will become the legal owner of all submissions and will have the right to edit and reproduce the image at its discretion.
Entrants must include the following information with their submission:
- Last name
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- A brief description of the logo design, including what it represents and what inspired it.
The deadline to submit your logo design is July 22.