A photo collage is a single image that contains multiple images in a grid layout. Many users set up slideshows to show their snapshots on Windows PCs. However, creating photo collages is a good alternative to showcase your photographs.
Yet, Windows 11 does not include any built-in app or feature with which you can set up photo collages. Don’t bother opening Photos, MS Paint or Paint 3D as none of these apps include paste options. Nevertheless, there are plenty of third-party software and web apps available to set up photo collages in Windows 11.
How to set up a photo collage with Collagerator
Collagerator is free Windows 11 software that lets you set up picture collages quickly and easily. He understands Deposit of photos, black border, Mosaic, No bendsand Deposit of photos on black layout options as well as a wide variety of page presets to set up picture collages with. This is how you download, install and set up a basic collage with Collagerator.
- Open the Collager website, then click the Download Collager.exe option.
- Right-click on the Start menu button to select the File Explorer option.
- View the folder where you downloaded Collager.
- Double-click Collagerator.exe to start the software installer.
- Click it I accept the radio button.
- Hurry Next twice to reach the final installation option.
- Select Collager’s Install option.
- Double-click the Collagerator icon on the desktop to launch the software.
- Click it new collage option.
- Choose a page size for the collage from the drop-down menu.
- Select a landscape or portrait option right next to the page size scrolling menu.
- Choose a theme layout option.
- Click on OKAY to bring up the editor window.
- press the + Add photo button on the Pictures tongue.
- Then open a folder containing photos for collage in the Select Images window. hold it CTRL to select multiple images for the collage, then click the Open button.
You will now have a photo collage that you can edit with the Collagerator options. First, try moving and resizing the images in the collage. You can move an image within its box by left-clicking near the center of it and then dragging the mouse. To rotate and resize an image, left-click on the edge of the image, then move the cursor.
You can resize image boxes by adjusting the space between them. Reducing or increasing the spacing between boxes will change their size. To do this, click on the Theme tab and select Arrange. Then drag the Spacing bar slider left and right.
However, you can resize image boxes more freely with both photo drop themes. If you’re using a photo drop theme, left-click near the edge of the image, then drag the mouse up and down to expand or collapse its boxes. You can also move the boxes around the collage by selecting them and dragging them with the mouse when using a photo drop layout.
Collegerator includes shadow effect options. To apply shadows to images, click Shadow on the Theme tongue. Then you can select a Enable Shadow option and adjust the shadow effect with the Distance and fall out radius bars.
Your collage does not need to have a solid background. Select Background on the Themes tab to view some collage backdrop settings. There you can select four alternative background styles and choose a different background color with the palette options. Or you can choose to add a custom background image to the collage.
When you are done with your collage, click the Case menu. There you can select Save as. Or select To print on this menu to print your collage.
How to set up a photo collage with Canva Free Collage Maker
Canva is one of the best online graphic design tools with which you can create photo collages. You don’t even need a Canva account to use it for photo collages, but you’ll be prompted to sign in with Google or Facebook. Canva includes a host of collage templates and additional options for adding elements and text. You can set up a basic photo collage with Canva like this:
- Open the Canvas web app in Edge or other browser software.
- Then click on the Create a picture paste button there.
- Click it Downloads button in Canva’s left sidebar.
- Press purple Download files button.
- If prompted to sign in with an account, select a Google or Facebook option. Then choose your account to log in with.
- Then select the images you want to include in your collage, then press the key Open button.
- Click on Models to the left of Canva.
- Choose a template for your photo collage.
- Select the Downloads tab again, then left-click and drag your photos into the template boxes.
Once you’ve moved all the images onto the template, you can start tweaking the collage. Left-click the image boxes and hold down the mouse button to reposition them in the collage. You can move images into boxes by double-clicking on them.
If you want to change the collage background, click the After button. press the After button, then select Background. There are a plethora of backgrounds you can select to add to your collage.
You can embellish your collage by adding clip art elements to it. Click on Canva Elements tongue. Then you can drag and drop overlapping clip art from this tab onto the photo collage.
Canva’s text options let you add slideshow-style captions to images in your collage. To do this, click on the Text tongue. Select the Add a small body of text option. Then you can resize and reposition the text box with the mouse and enter a caption there.
You can edit the text by selecting the options from the formatting bar above the collage. Click the drop-down menu to choose a different font. Resize the text by clicking on the + and – buttons. press the Text color button to change font color. You can even select a groovy font style by clicking on the Effects button there.
To save the photo collage, tap the To share button; select the To download option there. Choose a format for the image from the File type drop-down menu, then click To download Again. The collage file will be in the folder where your browser is configured for downloading.
Show off your favorite snapshots with photo collages
Picture collages are a great way to show related photos on single pages. With Collegrator and Canva, you can set up collages with different template styles and nice additional effects. So, you don’t need to get into any collage software to create attractive collages in Windows 11.