United Arab Emirates: For the first time in UAE history, National Day celebrations began 50 days before December 2 to mark the country’s Golden Jubilee. The initiative, titled 50 days to 50, invites everyone in the UAE to start celebrating the 50th National Day through a series of activities posted daily on the official UAE National Day social media platforms @OfficialUAEND.
The public is encouraged to participate and share their experiences with others using the hashtag # 50celebrations.
Daily activities, rolled out from October 13, include:
- Make five people happy
- Visit Expo 2020 and collect over 10 flag stamps
- Write a letter to your future me today
- Learn five Emirati Sign Language Phrases
- Write the Year of the 50th in your own language or try it out in calligraphy
- Buy local produce or fresh local produce
- Share with us your favorite place in the United Arab Emirates
- Visit your favorite museum or historical site in the United Arab Emirates and immerse yourself in the local culture
- Try a new sport
- Go to the nearest hospital or blood bank and request a blood donation
- Help someone in need today by donating a change of clothes or furniture you no longer want
- Visit your local charity and donate as much as you can
- Visit your nearest library and borrow a book
- Draw or write something about UAE that inspires you
- Try a cuisine you’ve never tried before
- Use public transport for the day to reduce your carbon footprint
- Celebrate with us by wearing a traditional garment or adornment. Post a photo or video to your feed
- Volunteer for a beach clean-up or tree-planting initiative.
- Get a reusable shopping bag to reduce your daily plastic use.
- Adopt a new activity for today’s celebrations, post your experience on your feed
- For today’s celebration, get your 30 minutes of activity by participating in # Dubai30x30.
Keep an eye out for new ways to celebrate the UAE’s Golden Jubilee as they are revealed daily @OfficialUAEND on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter; and on the official website www.UAENationalDay.ae.
For more information visit www.UAENationalDay.ae
For media inquiries, please contact [email protected]
Alternatively, you can join the conversation on UAE National Day social media channels
About the year of the 50th
His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the United Arab Emirates, declared 2021 “the year of the 50th” to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the founding of the nation in 1971.
From April 6, 2021 to March 31, 2022, the celebration coincides with the United Arab Emirates hosting Expo 2020. The celebration is first and foremost an investment in empowering people – using this inflection point to celebrate our remarkable journey over the past 50 years and begin to prepare our nation for the transformative change that awaits us in the next 50 years.
About the United Arab Emirates Golden Jubilee Committee:
The UAE Golden Jubilee Committee was formed in December 2019 under the guidance of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai. Chaired by His Highness Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed, with His Highness Sheikha Mariam bint Mohamed bin Zayed as Vice-Chairman, the Committee is responsible for planning the UAE’s Golden Jubilee celebrations, developing and executing a comprehensive plan for mark the year of the 50th the levels of federal and local government. The Committee is also working to implement a diverse program covering four strategic pillars that include development initiatives to drive changes in social, economic and development policies for generations to come.
© Press release 2021